Sunday, April 16, 2006

LOST

We've all lost a day here and there due to fever-induced comas when we've had the flu or had a hangover so bad, we've slept the day away, but I really fucked up the other day and it wasn't due to illness or drinking.

I have a pill I take in the morning and one I take at night. The one I take at night, I have to cut in quarters because it's way too strong for me and and knocks me out, even in quarters. I went to take my morning pill and without even looking and being in a rush, I ended up taking a whole night pill. I think you know where this is going. That's four days worth of drug in me at once. I didn't even realize I had done it until about a half hour later, I was a little sleepy, which I thought was strange because that never happened to me with that pill. I go look at the bottle and all I could say was, "Oooohhhhh SHIT!!!!"

It just so happened, I had Britain since the night before and Tammy and Matt weren't picking her up until the afternoon. I hurried up and fed her and got her vanload of things together and hurried into town, praying my Mom would at least be home in case this got worse. She wasn't home. I was also supposed to cut my Dad's hair that afternoon when he got out of work at 3 p.m. and I was kind of figuring he wasn't gonna be too thrilled about me holding clippers to his head in my condition. I know I'm going out on a limb with that one, stop me if I've gone too far, but I think it was a pretty safe bet.

On the way into town, Tammy texted me and let me know they were on their way, so I left Britain in her seat where she was safe and I half laid on the loveseat at Mom and Dad's and just stared at her until they got to the house. Once they left, I rolled over and passed out. Next time I woke up, Mom came through the door and asked me if I was sick and I explained to her what had happened. She looked at me quizzically and said, "that's not like you." No shit, Mom. The highlight of my day is not to be in a drug-induced coma.

A little while later, Lori calls and asks me if I wanted to follow her out to North East so I could at least be with my things and change clothes and be comfy. What the hell was I thinking?! I still can't believe I drove all the way from Erie to North East in that condition, or at least I'm pretty sure I did; I don't remember much. Last thing I remember, I walked in the door, found the bed, passed out, clothes on and all. At some point, I did strip off half of my clothes and I do remember Lori bringing me food at one point in time, but that's all I remember until sometime the next day.

I do have to say, the most memorable point of all of this was the awesome dreams and visions I was having. A lot of them centered around age 8 or so. A few from my adult years, which were quite nice, also. :o) The funniest one I remember from when I was little was when I was standing on the porch waiting for the bus and I was screaming and crying because my Mother was making me wear mittens to school and they were two different colors. I also remember when our Mom made us put our feet in bread bags before we put them in our boots to keep our feet extra warm and dry. Another one was when we were at this laundromat in Wesleyville, although I'm not sure why because I remember we had a washer and dryer, but anyway, we would go play in this cemetery behind the laundromat. Just a lot of really, weird, acid-trip types of things. 24 hours later, it pretty much wore off and I was in so much pain and so stiff from sleeping so long, but I got up, took some Advil, got a nice shower and enjoyed the beautiful day. And Dad finally got his haircut, which made him happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://wigxmshs.com/uyrj/iipg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vxjnshdf.com/pcjt/nkvk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://wigxmshs.com/uyrj/iipg.html | http://esnuelwz.com/pgfh/elia.html