Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Feast or Famine

I had the second interview today at Forest Hills. Both Dr. Rodak and Dr. Russo-Colt took time out of their lunch hour to interview me. It should have been a little unnerving being interviewed by the doctors that run the practice, but they were both very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. I'm assuming they'll make a decision this week, since whoever gets the position will be starting on the 24th.

After the interview, I get a call from HR for Pearson telling me they made a decision and that my first day is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 am. Okay? Okay, I guess. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I thought, "where have you people been all summer?" I'm glad it's happened either way, but it would have been nice, well, you know. So, tomorrow I will go to Pearson, fill out my paperwork for HR, pretend I'm learning the ropes and wait for the call from Forest Hills. I have to say I do feel a little secure knowing that at least if Forest Hills falls through and I'm not chosen for the job, I do have Pearson to fall back on for now. The only thing that sucks right now is both Diana and Cathleen will be there tomorrow and you just don't know the trauma of listening to the Golden Girls argue their day away...Ugghhh!

No comments: