Monday, October 03, 2005

Mom and Norma

One gift we got from our mother is the love of reading. One of her favorite authors, if not THE favorite, is Nora Roberts and she finally got a chance to meet her in person. Tess went with her, that's her job. Mine is to work with her, although we've all had a hand in that, but I have worked with my Mom the most. Tess has the duty to go to social functions with her, although we've all had our hand in that, too. Tammy does a lot of social functions with her, but now that she has Brit, her function is to bring over the baby to visit the grandparents and "give up the baby" so they can babysit and do their duty.

I asked Tess to send me the pic of Nora and Mom so I could post it on my blog, but she titled it, "Mom and Norma". Her name is Nora, not Norma. (Tammy caught that) By the way, I believe that Nora is a transexual, not that there's anything wrong with that, but every time I see her photo on the backs of books my Mom has, I believe it more and more.

Tammy and I were wondering what was with the bag. I thought it was a Top's grocery bag full of books for Norma to sign, but Tammy thought it was either her luggage or soiled linen. What do you think? The possibilities are endless when it comes to my mom. It could be all the things one "steals" from the hotel, too.

7 comments:

Tam said...

Mom is SHUDDERING with excitement.

Tam said...

In Theresa's defense, Micheal (her husband) mistakenly called her "Norma" and it was the running joke the entire trip. He did this once (probably more than once but I only know of one other time) before. We were attending a wedding and instead of calling the groom by his actual name "Nathan", he kept calling him "Nat"..err "Gnat". Not sure. And his mom, in turn was "Nat's mom".

Tam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...

Michael too.

Tam said...

What? No middle finger Monday?

Michelle said...

Iffin you like, I'll bring it back on Monday. Didn't know anyone would miss it. I was also thinking, being the balanced and harmonious fish that I am, I may do a positive take on Wednesdays or something. I dunno, we'll see.

Tam said...

sounds nice, as long as there's SOME sarcasm of course. TOPS BAG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA