Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"Don't hate, appreciate"

I would like to take the time to put down the middle finger and show a little appreciation. I think from time to time, we need to let those around us know that we care about the little things in life.

For instance, I really appreciate Lori for a LOT of things, but today I'd like to say thanks for burning my popcorn. You see, I like my popcorn on the darker side, if you will, and she microwaves it an extra 30 seconds just for me so that there are a few morsels of burnt popcorn in the bowl. Add to that, when she makes me breakfast, she'll burn my toast for me, too. I don't care for white bread all that much, but when I do eat it and it's toasted, it had better look like toast, not white bread that looks like it spent 5 minutes out of the package, perhaps in the sun, but actually toasted. I think that's why they call it "toast". Yes, she's amazing and a quick learner, too. Only one beating to get the extra 30 seconds on the popcorn; she hasn't forgotten since.

Another thing I'm grateful for is the American Sign Language. Should my hearing go completely, several people have said they will learn the language so that I'll have someone to "talk" to. I think that is so sweet. If it doesn't work out, I can always develop my own language, like Nell. "Nay tata, Nell. Nay tata!" It'll be a full life either way. I'm sure.

Have a good Wednesday, folks and remember, don't hate, appreciate.

No comments: