Monday, October 10, 2005

Honestly...

I need your opinion. Should I be worried that my wife says to me,
"What I really want for Christmas is a chainsaw!"

We were on our way to/from the store and she was dead serious and seemed pretty excited at the prospect of receiving this as a gift and had a preference of a gas chain saw over an electric one. I just started laughing my ass off and she said, "What?"
She said to me later that she could pick out her gifts and I could pick out mine and we could swap and I said, "I know how to pick out a chainsaw!", trying to sound as confidant as Carissa from TAR. I think if I go to the hardware store looking for a chainsaw, I may get some looks, but I can see the fun in that.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Matt was all proud of himself this weekend, teasing me about how he'd already bought two gifts for me for Xmas. Then we were talking about what we should buy for Britain for Xmas (being its her first Xmas, we'd like to buy something but realize she won't remember it and also we realize a lot of people will be spoiling her with loads of gifts and have you SEEN my house? We could barely fit the couch. This place was built for wee people.) So this commercial for Cinderella comes on and anyone that knows me knows its my favorite older Disney movie. Snow White on the other hand is almost as boring as Bambi and Sleeping Beauty is a whore and just plain evil. hmm back to my story. I told Matt we should get THAT for Britain, and its my favorite and I just love it and she'll love it too...and he just gives me this look.

Oh, well I guess you can change the tag from TO: Tam to TO: Brit. *nervous giggle.

Now Matt's all bragging about how he already bought me ONE present...

Michelle said...

You could always buy him a gas-powered chainsaw...