Thursday, September 15, 2005

That damn speakerphone!


Oh. My. Heck. This is brother Steve. One of my 5 siblings. I don't talk to him much, but he does call my mother at work on occasion, lately with more frequency because it's his son's 1st birthday soon and she gets to help with the party...lucky her. Anywhoo...he calls this morning and we're right in the middle of admitting a few candidates for testing and she answers with the speakerphone and this is how it all played out:

"Pearson Professional Centers, this is Diana, how can I help you?"
"I have a question, you got a second?"
"Uhhh, not really, can I call you back?"
"It'll really only take a second."
"Okay, what do you need?"
"What does it mean when you go poop and there's blood in the toilet?"
"Go the the ER!", yelled the three RNs waiting to be admitted, in unison and without hesitation, long before my mother could come up with a response, witty or otherwise.
Needless to say, he didn't call back after the ER visit; she had to call him to find out what happened. He told her they shoved their finger in his bunghole, said, "Yep, there's blood in them there hills" and sent him home. Wow, buddy, finger stuck in your ass twice today, huh?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That picture is hilarious. And the story is good too, but I think I can top you on brothers who may be functionally retarded.

Tam said...

I'm ashamed to admit, I don't understand "fingered twice" comment. You can call me and explain, as long as its on speakerphone. And speaking of that, couldn't he TELL she had him on speakerphone? Mom's voice echoes through the whole damn place!

Michelle said...

The first finger in his ass was not literal; it was him making the poopy statement on the speakerphone, which he knows is ALWAYS on.