Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Neurosis!

A sad day it is. I don't get to work with my mommy today, but with her co-worker, Cathleen. Plus, I'm so tired because I forced myself to stay up to watch CSI:Miami. There's always tomorrow to sleep in, which I'll probably need to do because I'll be going to Trivia Tuesday tonight at the Plymouth and then there will be more gripping television to watch when I get home. However, I do get to watch Miss Britain on Thursday, which is something to look forward to. She just loves her Aunt Shell.

Well, back to the task at hand...working without my mom. I thought it would be weird working with Cathleen, mom's co-worker, but it's actually not so bad. The worst part about today has been that the most neurotic candidate had a slight problem with her monitor screen; it was just slightly blurry right in the very center of the monitor. Now, I do understand that this may be annoying to some and not so annoying to others, and I do respect that. However, she had already complained about everything else you can possibly imagine since she set foot in the front door. Why is it that anyone who could tolerate the slight blur in the middle of the screen isn't going to be the candidate at that screen? It's only going to be the neurotic one. The main complaint was, "Is that air freshener odor going to be in the testing room, also? I suffer from migraines." Well, so do I and strong smells are a big trigger so I know exactly where you're coming from, but these are not strong smells. There are two candles lit in the whole office, emitting a just-so, pleasant aroma. Then, when we were fixing the problem with her monitor and we had to switch it with mine at the proctor station, she was out in the front office waiting for the switcheroo, she says, "Can I step outside; vanilla is my trigger smell?" What this means is that the easiest way for her to get a headache is to smell vanilla scents. Oh my. You do that...step outside. Well, after Cathleen and I went back out front after the switcheroo, we noticed that someone had blown the candle out. What the FUCK?!?!?!?!
Like I said, I actually do kind of understand each individual complaint she's had, however, to constantly complain from the door and continue non-stop is giving me a headache. The cure: buy a vanilla air freshener for her car and let it steep while she's taking the test. That's revenge for blowing out our candle, bitch!

4 comments:

Tam said...

I love when people walk in and think they own the place. And even funnier when they realize you don't care. I hope she passed, because I wouldn't want her to have to come back to you again to take the damn test over. And you know if she fails, she's going to complain about the fucking candles and Mom won't be able to light her Pine In The Mist or Vanilla Dream Scone anymore. First no microwave, and now this?

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://euuhnjnp.com/jqod/idif.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ajdooqgn.com/riel/nvzs.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://euuhnjnp.com/jqod/idif.html | http://vxvrcunc.com/hljr/njvd.html